Saturday, May 16, 2009

Golfing

Yes I know Tiger Woods and all that kinda hype. I got started golfing back in High School. Dad taught me and we went out pretty regularly. (this was BEFORE Tiger) It was mostly a fun thing, and some good exercise there. Not counting the swinging the club and hitting the ball there was the walking. (not many courses where we rented a cart)

One of the guys we bowled with on Thursday nights asked if I golfed. I told him that I can swing a club and 9 times out of 10 hit the ball...... if he was looking for someone better than that, then I really wasn't the one. Seems like I'm not the only one that is so-so when it comes to golf. So I went and got a new set of clubs today. Dragged Dad out to the driving range and we hit some balls. I realized that I've not forgotten all I knew about this game. I also realized that a gentle easy swing beats the hell out of me trying to kill the ball at the tee. When I tried to swing hard and muscle the ball it sucked.... When I just swung the club and tried to pop this 'bubble' (the golf ball) it sailed so fscking far and down range that I was in awe. I worked a little on the short game, and the putting. I'm sure that will all come back to me tomorrow.

It's gonna be fun, and at the very least it's us getting outside in the fresh air and getting some exercise. I guess the Wii Fit gave me the excuse to start getting some exercise....so now I'm looking to increase my activity wherever I can. It's a good thing.. I lose some weight and get into better shape and I like "ME" Can't hope for someone else to like "ME" if I don't like "ME".

{*********************}
HUGZ to you all!!!!

No comments: