Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Chardonnay tastings

Ok so this is my 'unofficial' tasting blog on the three Chardonnay's I just picked up from Safeway. (Hey BevMo was too far away, and Safeway has a pretty decent selection.)

So this first one....it's not dry... I'm guessing it leans more toward that 'buttery' flavor. It feels like it wants to cross over into that dry territory, but won't cross the line. Can a Chardonnay be 'fruity' and 'buttery'? This one definitely gives some apple, citrus, something else that I just call 'grapefruit' and ends sweet. Not a huge fan of this one. (yeah I'll grab the bottle here and give you the name and what's printed on the back for the description.) Not a fan of this one.... I'll drink the bottle, but won't be thrilled by it.

Ok I'm going to do this review over a couple of days and post my findings as I drink the different bottles.

Watching reruns of "Top Gear". It's a BBC show all about cars... and the crazy things they come up with. There is always the top of the line, here's the super fancy car you'll never have that we're driving. Then it goes into whatever 'theme' they came up with for the show. Winter Olympics this time around. Playing ice hockey with 10 of the new little Subaru cars. Pretty funny stuff. You have to get the 'British' humor or it's not going to click for you. Just watch it.

On to Time Warp now. Gotta love a couple of crazy guys and their high speed cameras. They do some of the things just because they can. Nice stuff though. I do enjoy watching.

{************}
Hugz to you all.

No comments: