Friday, August 21, 2009

Hot Friday

Well it was cool throughout the week and they only predicted it warming up a degree or two today. They missed the mark by a good 15 or so. Yeah it's hot today. So I got home and decided to grab some ribs and fire up the bbq. Streaming energy 92.7 and cooking outside. yeah it's a little slice of heaven. Dunno what's going to be served with the ribs.. I'm thinking some good Texas beans.. and maybe some corn. Corn on the cob would be fantastic but couldn't find any good stuff around today. Ah well.. I even got some bbq sauce to put on the ribs. This should be some jammin food.

Gotta get a planting box together here quick. It's getting time to plant the garlic. Yeah baby, I'm gonna grow my own. I'll end up with soo much that I won't know what to do with it all. Well that's a lie cause I'm gonna roast some. That is soo killer on fresh sour dough bread. The pasta machine I ordered has been shipped so I should have it next week. I'd love to think it will be here tomorrow, but I can wait. Dunno why making my own pasta has invaded my cooking spirit but I know that it's all I want to try right now.

I bought all the stuff for lasagna today. So I'm thinking if it cools off a little tomorrow I'll make it then. Might have to wait for Sunday. Dunno. (that's like my new favorite word I think) Tomorrow night is the final spin off for the Ultimate DJ contest... then we head into the semi finals... Doesn't it feel like this one is going faster?? Yeah... get it done in a month.. why drag it out???

Damn Trevor pulled out an old song for the mix at six tonight. Haven't heard this in in almost two years.. he just dropped it in the middle of some new stuff.. Nice to hear how he makes it all work. It's been a fun couple of years and watching and hearing my friends grow as DJ's. Trevor is on that next level.. I swear it feels like he's just a step away from international superstar DJ status. His demeanor behind the decks is just amazing. I enjoy watching him spin.

Kid Loose has grown also. He's a totally different style, serious HOUSE DJ, and he can bring it. So full of energy behind the decks, jumping, bouncing and just totally into the flow of it all. How he has the energy to get through his sets I never know, but damn it's been fantastic the last couple of times he's spun. Being the exclusive opener for Benny Bennassi, and DJ Irene and he blew them both out of the water. Yeah this Kid don't play.

DJ Ajax.. he's always been amazing. I love his style. Quick cuts, putting songs into a mix that should clear the dance floor but it gets more packed. He's got the mic to keep the crowd going. His mashups can't be touched, and his feel for all types of music. I can only shake my head and smile. If you only know him from Cardio Radio, then you don't know him at all. 80's, Hip-Hop, House, etc.. he mixes it all.. and most times all in one night.

Yeah I've got some pretty amazing friends, and I'm always happy to go out and support them. They've helped me turn my life around. I really thought 40 was too old to go out and do the things I'm doing.. They made me see that wasn't true. There is no such thing as being too old to hit a club and dance to a DJ. Just ask Disco Bob and MaryAnn. It's all the positive energy that flows from and to them. You can't help but realize that is the way it should be. I have no time to waste on the negative, or to worry and fear. There is enough bad in the universe, why not make your mark with good??

Grass does not struggle to grow, it just grows. Follow your heart and you will be happy. The Universe has this amazing ability to give you exactly what you need, exactly when you need it. All you have to do is see it. It might not be the path you thought you were on, and you might just end up somewhere you never thought you would go, but trust me the journey is amazing. Do the things that the innner you says you should do... you'll know that voice when it speaks up... follow it.. without fear.. and you'll be amazed at where you go.

Alright there's my pep talk to you all..
{****************************}
HUGZ to you all...

No comments: