Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Can this truly be?????

“No matter how I look at the issue, I cannot escape being troubled by the fact that we have in place a policy which forces young men and women to lie about who they are in order to defend their fellow citizens,” Adm. Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the Senate Armed Services Committee. He said it was his personal belief that “allowing gays and lesbians to serve openly would be the right thing to do.”

Oh what do my wondering ears tell me they heard???

Ok gotta keep this on the positive tip, gotta not get on the cynical soap box. Don't see it that there is a severe shortage of straight people enlisting and we've got two wars going on and they need BODIES!!!! No keep it on the positive tip and see that maybe, just maybe they've noticed that there have been Gays and Lesbians serving their country since the begining of the Armed Services.

Just know that the chairman of the Joint Cheifs of Staff, the Highest uniformed position in the United States, as said in front of God and Country that it is his belief that the ban on Gays and Lesbians serving in the Armed Services should be lifted. This wasn't an 'off the record' conversation at a cocktail party. This isn't some rumor that's circulating. This is REAL. I can watch it on youtube until the electrons float away. (Remember how you could wear out the VHS tapes if you watched them too many times?)

I thought for sure the Military would be a battle for down the road. Yet here it is starting at the TOP. I know I won't wake tomorrow and things will be changed, but this is a start. Honestly I am stunned.....and I'm at work so I'll leave this here and possibly pick up the thread when I get home tonight.

{*************************} HUGZ to you all. Keep that positive flowing. Amazing things DO happen.

No comments: