Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Political

15 July 2009
As you've prolly heard California is in a crazy budget mess. Issuing IOU's and all the other fun stuff. The Governor is considering 'suspending' Prop 98. This is a proposition that requires the State of California to spend X amount of money on Public Education. As you know I work for a School District and the nightmare of the cuts to Education are a day to day reality for me. Cutting even more money from Education is not an option. So I composed the following letter and emailed it off to Arnie.


Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814

As a California School District employee, and concerned voter I urge you to reject suspending Proposition 98. In six short years it seems you’ve come along way from the candidate running for office who promised the following:

"I strongly support Proposition 98 and I will protect California's commitment to education funding.”

I thought you were a great actor in your movies, but you’ve given an even better performance as Governor. You sold us all on your commitment to education.

Charlie Kryszewski

It's direct, it's to the point.. and it's got my style. So I urge all of you to take a few minutes and either send emails or call your representatives, and the Governor and let them know how you feel on their ideas for solving the budget crises. Let's get involved more than just showing up and voting on election day.

HUGZ to you all!!!
{**************************}

No comments: