Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Living in a bubble

I didn't know it. I guess when you are inside the bubble you don't know. You just assume that everyone OUTSIDE the bubble feels the same way you do. You don't know that you are surrounded by hate and intolerance and that you are a SECOND class citizen. You are NOT WORTHY of your LOVE, your LIFE being recognized.

FEAR won out over LOVE. It's a slap in the face, it's a punch in the gut. I am physically ill. I'm not even going in to work today. I could not face it nor handle it.

I want to be gracious, I want to not seem like a bitter old queen bitching here. It's official a RIGHT is being taken away from me. There is no way to be gracious in this situation. OUTRAGE is what I feel. I am angry, bitter, disappointed. The list is long.

It's 2008, and rights can be taken away from a huge slice of the population. If only there were a way that every gay and lesbian in the state of California could leave today. We obviously are not wanted here. If only we could uproot all of us and move away. Let the rest of California see the impact.

I am NOT directing this at all of my friends. I know you support me in every aspect of my life. I know so many of you that voted No on Prop 8, and I love you all for that. Please don't take this as an attack on YOU. It's my release for those that were so swayed by FEAR. I will grieve, I will try to recover, I will have some serious decisions to make.

What happens to all the marriages that have been preformed from April to now? They will all be made null and void??? Give me something and then take it away 6 months later. Do me a favor and don't give it to me at all.

{****************} Hugz to you all. I think we'll need alot of those in the coming months.

No comments: